NWI SHRM Student Scholarship Application
For questions or additional information, email Carolyn Hartley, College Relations Director at email@example.com
The NWI SHRM local chapter provides scholarships to local students pursuing a career in one of the disciplines of human resources. The winning recipient will receive a scholarship to be used toward higher education. The amount of the scholarship is reviewed annually and announced at the time of the award.
2017 Award: 2 - $1,000 scholarships to be awarded this summer. The scholarships will be applied to tuition and books in the fall of 2017.
- The applicant must be a registered student in one of the fully accredited colleges or universities located in Northwest Indiana with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- The applicant must be a member or student member of the Northwest Indiana SHRM Chapter.
- The scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student majoring in one of the disciplines of Human Resources.
- Each applicant must submit:
- An application form
- A 300 to 350 word essay (12 pt font, double spaced) that incorporates:
- How do you intend to use your education in pursuit of a career in Human Resources? Include a description of your core values to your answer.
- How you will use these c o r e values to improve the quality of life in northwest Indiana?
- Two recommendation letters; one from a faculty member and one from an employer or volunteer leader, explaining why the candidate is a good representative reflecting positive values for Northwest Indiana. Note: Letters of recommendation should be 12 pt. font, single-spaced a n d no longer than one page.
- All awards will be sent directly to the college or university where the recipient is enrolled and will be credited to their student account for tuition and required fees and/or books and required equipment.
- The NWI SHRM Scholarship is non-renewable.
- All selection decisions made by the NWI SHRM Scholarship Committee will be final.
- Application materials must be received by the NWI S H R M Scholarship Committee by May 1st, annually, to be eligible for consideration.