Graduate Certificate: Organizational Leadership and Supervision (12 Hours) T
This program is intended to provide additional education for the post-baccalaureate student in Organizational Leadership and Supervision or for the experienced supervisor/manager who holds a baccalaureate in another area. This certificate would increase the skills and knowledge of the OLS graduate, and/or enhance the leadership and supervisory skills and knowledge of the current supervisor/manager.
Admission: Online graduate application plus transcripthttp://www.gradschool.purdue.edu/indexFlash.cfm
1. Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
2. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 with the possibility of conditional admission for applicants who do not meet this requirement.
Courses/Plan of Study:
1. OLS576 Advanced Topics in HR Management
2. OLS580 Interpersonal Skills for Leaders
3. OLS583 Coaching and Mentoring in Organizations
4. Any one of the following: OLS486 Leadership and Change, or OLS485 Leading Teams, or additional OLS graduate course (500 level). Additional courses available include Leadership and Ethics, Labor Arbitration, and Managing Diversity.
Joy L. Colwell
Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies
School of Technology
Associate Professor of Organizational Leadership and Supervision
ANDR233colwell@calumet.purdue.edu989-3117 or Jody Kidd, Graduate Program Secretary at 989-2966