2015 NWI SHRM HR Scholarships
Apply today for a $1,000 scholarship toward completion of your HR degree
The Northwest Indiana SHRM scholarship celebrates the individual who pursues a career in one of the disciplines of Human Resources. The recipient(s) will receive a scholarship to be used toward higher education. The amount of the scholarship is reviewed annually and announced at the time of the award. This year, we will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to the best applicant. The qualifications for the scholarship program are listed here. You can download an application by clicking this link for application.
1. The applicant must be a registered student in one of the fully accredited colleges or universities located in Northwest Indiana with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
2. The applicant must be a member or student member of the Northwest Indiana SHRM Chapter.
3. The scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student majoring in one of the disciplines of Human Resources.
4. Each applicant must submit:
a) An application form
b) A 300 to 350 word essay (12 pt font, double spaced) that incorporates:
1. How do you intend to use your education in pursuit of a career in Human Resources? Include a description of your core values to your answer.
2. How you will use these c o r e values to improve the quality of life in northwest Indiana?
3. Two recommendation letters; one from a faculty member and one from an employer or volunteer leader, explaining why the candidate is a good representative reflecting positive values for Northwest Indiana. Note: Letters of recommendation should be 12 pt. font, single-spaced a n d no longer than one page.
5. All awards will be sent directly to the college or university where the recipient is enrolled and will be credited to their student account for tuition and required fees and/or books and required equipment.
6. The NWI SHRM Scholarship is non-renewable.
7. All selection decisions made by the NWI SHRM Scholarship Committee will be final.
8. Application materials must be received by the NWI SHRM Scholarship Committee by September 1st, annually, to be eligible for consideration.