Centier Bank has an opening for an Instructional Designer,
located in the Merrillville Corporate Centre.
Details on the position are included below.
If you are interested, please apply at www.centier.com
Position: Instructional Designer
Location: Corporate Centre
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Instructional Designer will employ a systematic approach to improve the skills and knowledge of associates through the implementation of various learning developments. He/she will be responsible for analyzing training needs to discover instructional problems within the bank, while also selecting training solutions to best solve these needs.
Design and develop training systems, instructional content, performance support tools, and other shareable content aimed at improving associate performance. Assist in the development of training evaluation plans to measure the success of training programs. The Instructional Designer is critical to the systematic improvement of associate skills and knowledge based on the performance requirements for the various divisions within the bank.
- Manage instructional program design, development, and implementation throughout the entire training development life cycle
- Prioritize needs and requests aligned with business objectives
- Gather content and insight from various departments, subject-matter experts and stakeholders within the company
- Design and develop training materials for instructor-led, virtual instructor-led and e-learnings
- Deploy e-learning and blended learning deliverables and tools in multiple formats (online modules, webinars, online learning components, screencasts, etc.)
- Support organizational projects and change initiatives by developing and deploying training deliverables identified for internal clients
- Investigate outside resources to support learning and development
- Identify processes and procedures necessary for success
- Utilize Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Excel to create training deliverables
- Provide editing/quality control for training material deliverables and communications
- Research and resolve technical problems between Instructional Technologies and IT with limited guidance
- Support delivery of training and incorporate critical feedback to future training programs
- Possess presentation skills, strong verbal and written communication and the ability to state information in a concise, solution-driven manner
- Evaluate implemented training programs impact on employee performance and business goals
Knowledge, abilities, skills:
- Creates Raving Fans/Relationships with team, SME and department heads
- Experience carrying out all activities in the training development life cycle using the ADDIE model.
- Experience with applying instructional design methodology and adult learning principles and practices.
- Must be able to manage day-to-day activities of multiple assigned projects, communicate status updates and proactively identify changes in scope of work to ensure appropriate planning measures are taken to assess impacts of scope change
- Self-directed with strong project management skills to meet deliverable dates
- Expertise with Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, and other e-learning authoring tools
- Self-motivated to learn new applications independently
- Good technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint
- Must be a critical thinker and resourceful to develop a quick understanding of various areas’ internal processes, procedures, policies, and regulations
- Master’s degree or higher with a focus on training, adult learning, education, instructional technology, instructional design, or curriculum development.
- Minimum 3 years of instructional design or adult training experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing blended learning using tools such as Adobe Captivate, Lectora, Camtasia or Articulate Storyline
This position will be located at the Corporate Centre.