Horizon Bank is seeking a Human Resources Assistant
Location: Michigan City, IN
Type: Full-time, non-exempt
To apply for this full-time, please go to https://horizonbank.hirecentric.com/jobs/130234.html .
Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for approximately 750 Advisors in 3 states using payroll software. Provide excellent service to managers and advisors relative to payroll policies and ADP Workforce Now system.
Accountable for adherence to the established Standard Operating Procedures, compliance standards, quality and timeliness of payroll activities. Accurately input and process data related to payroll to meet the specified deadlines. Deliver consistent products with Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, email and telephone communications. Actively protect the confidentiality of Advisor personnel and payroll records. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Accountable for accurate entry of all payroll related data.
• Receive and review payroll documentation for accuracy and make necessary adjustments. Obtain required signature and approvals
• Reconcile and audit timesheets, communicating with managers and Advisors to facilitate required approvals and make necessary corrections.
• Perform data entry of bonus, commission and incentive payments
• Calculate retroactive and final pay amounts
• Process Special Payrolls as requested
• Calculate Manual Checks as needed; initiate debits and credits to General Ledger and Advisor accounts
• Prepare audit reports for approval of payroll transmittal
• Complete payroll transmission processing to meet the required deadlines; investigate and resolve payroll data and transmission issues with applicable technical resources
• Prepare Management and Accounting reports as requested
• Execute General Ledger entries for payroll account funding
• Respond to inquiries for verification of employment information for creditors, child support, garnishments, etc.
• Conduct new hire and ongoing training and support for advisors and managers on the use of the ADP software program, including timekeeping, time off requests and maintenance of personal data
• Research and resolve questions from managers and advisors relative to payroll information such as time off, tax questions, pay calculations and user support
• Calculate and upload time off policy balances. Perform policy, data and paper file audits
• Manage the United Way fundraising campaign and issue payments to the regional offices
• Provide support for internal/external audits
• Manage ADP Invoices and other payroll related invoices
• Assist the Human Resources department with various clerical tasks such as filing, copying, and mailing documents and forms.
• Continuously seek opportunities for improving processes. Assist in documenting procedures and updating SOPs to stay abreast of software or program changes.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Human Resources preferred
• 2 or more years payroll processing experience; ADP knowledge desired
• Exhibit a high degree of integrity and demonstrated ability to protect information regarding highly confidential matters
• Detail-oriented with strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Customer focused with the ability to communicate diplomatically with all levels of the organization
• Self-starter, flexible and able to work non-standard hours on occasion to meet payroll deadlines.
• Able to handle multiple administrative tasks under time pressure
• Team player working effectively with others in the Human Resources department
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
• Ethics and Integrity
• Customer Focus
• Attention to Detail
• Adaptability and Flexibility
• Results Focus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with advisors and managers regarding payroll transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others. 75% - 100%
• Able to verify the authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents, and signatures. Able to verify the identity of employees, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility and other areas in which work is performed. 75% - 100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer and telephone 75% - 100%
• Regularly move about the branch to access areas such as office space, common areas, and printer/copier 50% - 100%
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 75% - 100%
• Able to remain in stationary position 50% - 100%
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
• Occasionally travel to Horizon locations to meet with advisors or managers <10% This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.