You’re invited to our first NWI SHRM
Mastermind Group Meeting
As a members’ only event, there is no charge to attend!
Professional CEUs will be provided to those who attend.
July 18, 2018
Centier Bank, Corporate Centre
600 East 84th Ave
Merrillville, IN 464410
What is a Mastermind Group?
A mastermind group is a peer-to-peer mentoring concept used to help members solve their problems with input and advice from the other group members. The concept of Mastermind is to have two or more people come together in harmony to solve problems.
What can I expect during the Northwest Indiana SHRM Mastermind meeting?
1. Members break up into multiple groups based on attendance and number of questions submitted.
2. Each group has a “Hot Seater”, a Moderator and a Time Keeper.
3. Members identified to sit in the "hot seat" will present a real-life, HR-related, non-commercial personal or professional challenge on which they would like feedback from the group. Examples might include:
- "I've run out of ideas on where to find qualified candidates."
- "I've recently been promoted into a leadership role and need to learn how to communicate more effectively with my team"
- “What are some effective ways to reinforce learning following a given training session”.
4. The group will offer potential solutions, resources, connections, and ideas for immediate progress.
Mastermind Meeting Agenda
- 4:30-5:00 pm Gather and Network
- 5:00–5:10 pm Announcements and Assignment of “Hot Seat” Groups
- 5:10–5:40 pm Hot Seat Group Discussions
- 5:40-6:00 pm “Hot Seaters” report out on 1 or 2 “takeaways” from their group’s discussion