Horizon Bank is seeking a Learning & Development Specialist/LMS Administrator
Location: Michigan City, IN
Type: Full-time, non-exempt
To apply for this full-time, please go to https://horizonbank.com (Careers tab)
If you are driven to meet customer and employee needs through learning and development and thrive on making things work better through technology, we want you to join our team. We are recruiting an energetic professional to work as Horizon’s Learning & Development Specialist/LMS Administrator in Learning and Development.
You fit best as Horizon’s Learning & Development Specialist/LMS Administrator if you are often described with traits that include: user-centered, curious, analytical, agile and a quick learner. As the Specialist, your background and experiences demonstrate that you are able to smoothly navigate within and across roles such as business-to-systems translator, systems thinker, work leader, trainer and utility player.
Additionally, the Specialist position is perfect for someone looking to configure, implement and manage a set of technologies that support learning, development, and performance throughout Horizon. The Specialist is responsible for related technologies that include:
- Learning management system (LMS);
- Talent management system (TMS).
Overall, the Training and Organization Development Specialist’s work falls mainly within the following areas.
- Platform: Through system strategy and support, provides a learning and development technology platform that supports employee development and optimizes business operations.
- Solutions: Designs, develops and facilitates technology solutions for learning and development programs that include performance management, continuous improvement of employee skills, compliance training and employee engagement.
- Training: Maximizes use of Horizon’s learning and development technologies by training of Horizon’s Learning and Development team, retail training coordinators, trainers, managers, and employees.
A meaningful connection to the work, along with the ability to work both independently and within a team, is critical for success in this training and organization development position. Horizon supports building your professional capabilities further through internal and external training, as well as participation in professional organizations.
With Horizon’s determined growth and expansion, coupled with its customer-centered spirit, we believe there is no better place for you to share your talents than with Horizon. We hope you join us!
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Organizational Development, Organization Behavior, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Communication, or related field required or at least 5 years of experience administering Learning Management Systems or Talent Management Systems.
- Systems Administration: Learning Management System (LMS) administration required; Talent Management System administration preferred.
- Programs: Management of performance evaluation process preferred.
- Work Management: Demonstrated track record in effective management of tasks and priorities for overlapping projects and meeting deadlines consistently, completely and accurately required.
- Training: Facilitate and train large and small groups, as well as one-on-one, required.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly, orally and in writing, with employees at all levels, required.
- Detail & Analysis: Strong attention to detail and analytical skills required.
- Core Competencies: Active listening, analytical thinking, adaptable and flexible, big-picture thinking, problem-solving and results focused
- Training Tools: Proficient in use of online learning authoring software (Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate, etc.) preferred; Delivery of virtual training required.
- Office Tools: Advanced level in use of Microsoft office products (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook) required.
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Horizon Bank is a proud Affirmative Action/EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer