Scrap Metal Services, L.L.C., a growing and dynamic scrap metal recycling and processing company is seeking a Human Resource Assistant. SMS operates full-service scrap processing, steel mill services and intermodal/railcar decommissioning and dismantling facilities in multiple states.
The Human Resources Assistant role is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Department on a professional level by providing administratve support. Maintains all departmental files, company’s HRIS system, assists with recruiting and a variety of HR administrative projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains company’s HRIS for data integrity as well as entering for new hires, terminations, employee changes & personal information, FMLA, LOAs, benefits and other as required
- Liaison for Unemployment Compensation; gathers pertinent information and completes required paperwork.
- Maintains the company’s applicant tracking system
- Attends all recruiting activities
- Ensures federal and state compliance in personnel files, employee confidential files, and I-9 compliance.
- Ensures files are kept up to date with employee changes
- Assist in a variety of Human Resources and administrative projects
Skills, Abilities and Experience Required:
- Professional, dependable and reliable with a strong work ethic
- A positive team-focused attitude
- Must be organized, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including coming early and staying late without much notice based on business needs if needed.
- 1-2 years of past HR experience
- Experience using HRIS systems
- Proficient in Microsoft office with strong excel skills
- Associates degree or combination of education and experience
SMS is a drug-free and alcohol-free employer. E/O/E
Please apply at https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2105129