Human Resources Generalist Employee Relations
Franciscan Physician Network
7905 Calumet Avenue
Munster, IN 46321
WHAT WE NEED
Employee Relations Expert
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our HR Generalist team works with employees to improve productivity, quality, and effectiveness – and ultimately to help employees grow. From partnering with leadership to directly engaging with employees, this job has a great mix of both reporting and people. Employee Relations is a broad term, but one with lots of potential and variety. Interested to learn more?
Do you have strong communication skills? Are you organized? Do you enjoy multi-tasking? We have a job that needs your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Employee Relations including but not limited to; conflict resolution, investigations, and all aspects of employee performance management.
- Advise and counsel practice managers and leadership on policies, procedures and employment law to ensure compliance.
- Partner with Organizational Development to facilitate training and education. Facilitate General Orientation.
- Analyze retention data and determine an action plan as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Manage unemployment claims and attend hearings.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Interact with others in a calm, friendly and caring manner
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others
- Identify personal learning needs. Seeks opportunity for continued learning.
- Exercise safe judgment in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
- Participate in training programs for employees/managers as designated.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
3-5 Years Experience
Certification(s): PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP required or must be obtained within 1 year of employment
Travel: Up to 20%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Gary
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
To apply for this position go to https://jobs.franciscanhealth.org/job/Munster-Human-Resources-Generalist-II-IN-46321/524556600/