Human Resource / Payroll Coordinator – Hammond Works
The Human Resource / Payroll Coordinator provides assistance with, facilitates, and administers human resource processes, including employee health and welfare plans, provides support ensuring effective HR practices and policies are followed along with fulfillment of recruitment, staffing, compensation, training, administration, compliance and effective employee communications.
- Minimum of High School education, Bachelor of Science degree preferred SHRM certification a plus.
- Minimum three to six (3-6) years of HR experience and health benefits administration required.
- Strong background in the areas of employee benefits, payroll processing, recruiting, employee relations, organizational change, labor relations, performance management, job bidding, vacation/attendance administration, onboarding new employees, with occasional EH&S and Compliance support.
- Understanding of labor contract language and administration preferred.
- Excellent communication and positive employee relations skills.
- Must be extremely organized with a high degree of accuracy and flexibility.
- Must have the ability to maintain appropriate employee and company confidentiality at all times.
- Administers health benefit plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations and ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal/state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers and resolves benefit-related problems and reconciles benefits statements.
- Provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, payroll, and HRIS entry.
- Works closely with managers to ensure labor job performance, attendance, work rules, and job bidding are managed consistently in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Has familiarity with E-Verify to complete I-9 documentation and maintain I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Track employee absences and late arrivals consistent with the company attendance policy.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of performance discipline, grievances, and terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment/interview process, tracking status of candidates and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Operations Manager or HR Director.
- Performs other clerical functions such as photocopying, mail sending/sorting, and can scan/email documents.
- Prepares new employee files and ensures appropriate content is stored in them.
- Assists with or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Domestic travel via automobile and / or commercial air is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle.
- Typical office hours are 8 am – 5 pm; but must be flexible to work extended hours, weekends, or overtime when business needs dictate.
- Ability to travel to company sites.
- Maximum of 10% travel required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Works in an office environment with a normal range of temperature and with the potential to occasionally be exposed to chemical odor, dust, and noise.
- Ability to walk, ascend and descend stairs, sit at a desk for long periods of time, bend at the waist, reach, kneel, squat, perform simple grasping and fine manipulation, use telephone, use a keyboard and lift or carry objects occasionally that may weigh up to 20 pounds,
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms and paging.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS INCLUDING:
Medical, prescription, dental, bonus potential, matching 401 (k), vacation, 11 paid holidays, company paid life insurance. Salary will be commensurate with education, training, and background experience.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with HR Coordinator in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS TO EMPLOYER - NO RECRUITER CALLS – NO VISA SPONSORSHIPS