Employee Benefit Lines Customer Service Agent
Type: Full-Time Location: Merrillville, IN
Responsible for the day-to-day office administration and customer service. Provides support for producers to facilitate the growth of new business and to retain existing clients. We are seeking customer focused professionals who are able to multi-task in a fast-paced employee benefits insurance office.
- Provides daily customer service to existing customers, documenting all communications into the agency management system.
- Process and follow up on insurance claims
- Provide information or documentation as requested to insurance carriers
- Maintaining accurate records and filing data
- Discusses insurance needs with customers and advises customers on proper products to meet their particular needs. Reviews existing accounts and suggests additional coverages.
- Negotiates renewal premiums.
- Services existing clients with day to day needs necessary for their insurance program.
- Supports producers by assisting with preparing proposals and renewal presentations and servicing clients.
- Must obtain & maintain a Life and Health license in good standing with the IN Department of Insurance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Completes all compliance training related to the position.
- Understands all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- One (1) to five (5) years’ experience preferred.
- Benefits or Human Resources background strongly desired.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, ambitious, and friendly.
- Knowledge of agency management and carrier rating systems.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening.
- Bilingual a plus but not a requirement
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential.
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and other office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
To apply, please visit https://www.1stsource.com/careers to create a candidate profile