Diocese of Gary - Human Resources Assistant
The Diocese of Gary is searching for a dynamic Human Resources Assistant. The qualified candidate performs a variety of tasks necessary to support and service employees. The competent individual must have a high level of interpersonal skills and be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents. Excellent customer service, detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
Job Responsibilities include:
Performs HRIS functions for all employees; run reports from HRIS, manages insurance enrollment and terminations.
Maintains applicant data, records, and acknowledgment; prepares new hire paperwork.
Coordinates and maintains confidential personnel records.
Answers general human resource questions and inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, recruiting, and employee relations.
Conducts reference checks, background checks, and processes unemployment.
Process insurance bills and invoices.
Assists with the employee wellness program
Complete verification of employment (VOE) requests
Basic Qualifications include
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and previous experience with Payroll Systems, HRIS such as IOI and ABRA.
- 3+ years’ experience in human resources
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for employees.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
Interested candidate may submit their resume and salary history to Kelly Venegas, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com or fax to (219)769-7597.